Public Records Request
Resolution 19-2008 sets forth Allegheny Township’s Right-to-Know Policy for requesting and processing public records requests in accordance with Pennsylvania’s Right-To-Know Law, Act 3 of 2008. Questions regarding this policy should be directed to the Open Records Officer, Allegheny Township, at (724) 842-4641.
All requests for review and/or duplication of public records shall be submitted to the Township in writing. Use the Township’s printable Public Records Review/Duplication Request form (PDF file), the State Office of Open Records request form, or include all of the following information with your written request:
- Identification or description of the requested record in sufficient detail to enable the Township to ascertain which records are being requested.
- Name, address and telephone number of the individual to receive the Township’s response.
- The medium in which the record is requested to be provided (example: mail, pick-up, e-mail, fax)
Written requests may be submitted to the Township in one of the following manners:
- IN PERSON: (Hand Delivered) to OPEN RECORDS OFFICER, Allegheny Township, 136 Community Building Road, Leechburg, PA 15656
- BY MAIL: To OPEN RECORDS OFFICER, Allegheny Township Municipal Building 136 Community Building Road, Leechburg, PA 15656
- BY E-MAIL: email@example.com
- BY FAX: (724)845-9290
Procedures for Denied or Partially Denied Record Requests
If a written request for access to a record is denied or denied in part, the requester has the right to appeal the denial in writing to:
Terry Mutchler, Executive Director
OFFICE OF OPEN RECORDS
Commonwealth Keystone Building
400 North Street, 4th Floor
Harrisburg, PA 17120
– or –
If a written request for access to a record is denied or denied in part because the information is a criminal investigative report, the requester has the right to appeal the denial in writing to:
DISTRICT ATTORNEY OF WESTMORELAND COUNTY
2 N. Main Street